Blow off some electrons

I tossed and turned again all night ... 

Ever since I found that invitation I've been feeling anxious like I'm one of my Dungeons & Dragons characters being summoned on a quest. It's ridiculous.

Weird that my brain jumped to thinking that it's a portal. Then telling Hank that we should set up some sort of ambush.

For all I know, this is some sort of prank.

Finishing up the Carnelian seal has calmed me down a bit. Busy hands... If everything is legit, I've made a nice little hostess gift for Ms. Chan. If it's a prank, I've got a nice little piece I can gift to someone else.

Spoke to Tony about skipping out of work for a couple of days and head up to the farm.

Packed the dogs into the truck and now I'm a little excited about taking it on its maiden voyage. 

I decided to spin by the University and have dinner with Hank first to tell him I don't need a bodyguard on the twenty-ninth.

Just to satisfy my paranoia I checked that note I left on my desk hadn't been touched and disposed of it. Silly to think that I'm being watched or that there's something magical about a random invitation to a trade show.

Puttering around the city the two gensets took turns cycling on and off keeping the batteries juiced.

Hank was thrilled that I showed up bearing gifts of greasy burgers and we laughed about my getting all wierded out by getting an invitation to some lame trade show.

After dinner I left Hank to his studies and headed to the farm. The gennies both purring away as I cruised at highway speeds. I got to the farm after dark and I didn't want to disturb Hume, Lorraine or my nieces so I slipped into the bunker for the night, leaving the truck parked in the woodlot out of sight.

In the morning I slipped out and hit the road again. Spinning through Lindsay, Fenelon Falls and back around into the city. Making pitstops along the way to eat, walk the dogs and keep them fed as well as inspecting the truck components to make sure everything was operating properly.

Getty, Alex and Niel loved the ride, taking turns snoozing and looking out the window watching the world whiz by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Utility of Kiltz:

Let me tell you about Hell Hounds and Hatchets:

Let me tell you about the day I stepped into a fantasy world: